Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Ark Addendum - The Ultimate Doom (part one)

The Ultimate Doom - a three part episode with an epilogue. Certainly one of the largest Transformers stories told.  And yet, it starts so small, a simple Decepticon attack on a solar power station. It was a very slick move on the part of the writers to structure the story this way. It lulls the audience into a false sense of complacency. Of course, the story would soon take many twists and turns, but these are the models that get things started.

Incidentally, I'm really glad that I was able to track down the model pack for The Ultimate Doom. Quite a lot of those models found their way into The Complete Ark, including a full page devoted to the Decepticon undersea headquarters.  I also rather liked the drill on the hood of Brawn's vehicle mode, and was happy to be able to slip that in. 

3 comments:

Brian said...

Very cool... always one of my favorite season one highlights is this 3-parter. It blew my little 11-year old mind when Cyberton was pulled into Earth orbit and there was finally a return trip to it. Part three has some awesome action in the escape from Cybertron, plus the big climax on that jungle island.

Now that I think about it... with Megatron surviving the explosion of his ship full of energon, it shouldn't surprise me that Galvatron survived Cybertron's destruction in the Headmasters series! :)

Jimtron said...

I probably won't be publishing anything like that until / unless I get the chance to do it in print first. The Ark Addendums are my extras from The Ark books. If I do, say, RID and have extra models, then you'll probably see some here.

Jimtron said...

Workin' on it!