Saturday, August 6, 2011

Belated Birthday Dinner and Old Timey Soda Pop!

Yesterday was my birthday!  Well, no, not really, my birthday is 7/15, but yesterday we CELEBRATED my birthday.  Actually, three of us had July birthdays, so about a third of the group was celebrating.  How nice.  We hit the Melting Pot restaurant in Pasadena, California, for a leisurely fondue dinner, after some high-end drinks at The Lucky Baldwin pub nearby.  I love me some fondue, yes I do, especially when shared with witty and charming friends.

Along the way, though, I discovered an AWESOME little candy and soda store, Rocket Fizz.  I asked if I could take some photos, and they said sure, so, here goes:

Adorable store front, no?


Me standing next to their chilled gourmet root beer display.  They have a special offer where you get 10 randomly selected root beers... more on that later.

If you wish to view paradise, simply look around and view it...

When we asked the parent of the very young child with the lollypop if we could take a photo, her older sister practically ran into frame.  Who were we to argue?

Didn't I fight him in Fallout?



So, a fun little store.  I can't wait to take my wife here the next time we do fondue.  But remember that root beer deal?  Well, I couldn't resist.  I love me some root beer.  It's my favorite kind of soda, so the chance to sample ten different kinds seemed too good to pass up.  And, since I love an audience, I figured that every time I have one I'll blog it up.  Look for a ten-part root beer series in the not-too-distant future!

No comments: