Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Ark Addendum - Madman's Paradise Part 5 (and Farscape Geekwatch)

It's been a long, twilight struggle, but we've made it through Madman's Paradise!  We come to the final batch of models, the Golden One's loyalists.

Here you can see one of the tricks I sometimes employ.  Treant the second and treant the first are obviously very similar models.  To keep them from looking TOO much alike, at least on a subconscious level, I reversed the second one.  It also makes the page flow better.  Note that I didn't do that with the second Birdman model, because I believe it's just the same guy carrying some explosives.

And, since I'm at it, the Farscape Geekwatch for today is episode S01E08: That Old Black Magic. Sadly, no real stand-out genre references today.  The closest we get is this, from John to Rigel: "Oh, it's not Kansas. And you're way too homely to be Auntie Em. But...come here, Toto."  The Wizard of Oz is fantasy, more or less, right? Ok, ok, it's a reach, but it's the best I got.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should consider listing cultural references in general as opposed to just Sci-Fi. You already mentioned Green Lantern previously. Not saying it isn't science fiction so much as I'm saying you shouldn't limit yourself, or at least allow yourself some leeway. The land of Oz mythology for example could be considered Steampunk.